We hope that you’re having a great start to 2023! The snowdrops are starting to peak through here in Scotland, and Service Design Academy team are looking forward to a busy spring time ahead.
We started 2023 by delivering training courses to help people from different organisations build new skills and find better ways of working together.
- Co-Design to Connect with a Regional Employability stakeholder group
- Creating a Community Vision with a local leisure and entertainment hub
- Designing Employee Experience with Human Resources and Organisational Development Teams
If you would like to find out how we can customise a programme of training to meet skills gaps while colleagues work together on an organisational challenge please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
5-Day Design for Innovation and Impact
Our popular course offers a hands-on, learn by doing insight into the process of service design. Find out what you’ll learn and do in this link:
Professional Development Award
PDA delegate Molly Northcote Putting User Research into action!
Are you ready to develop your skills in service design practice with the first and only accredited Professional Development qualification?
This six-month course is delivered by our expert service design trainers and offers a learn by doing approach where you will:
- Develop a knowledge of the fundamental tools and methods used throughout the service design process and the ability to apply these in your role
- Build skills in user research by implementing methods to identify the needs of service users and undertaking a small-scale user research project
- Explore how co-design can be developed as an approach that involves service users collaboratively in the service design process
- Communicate and reflect on a service design project process and outcomes
For more information on our courses or discuss how we can help you build skills and capacity in service design please do get in touch: email@example.com
Service Design for Building Digital Capability – Can you help your help with our research?
Our course offering is mapped against Skills Levels aligned to the UK Government Digital Data and Technology Profession Capability Framework and Scottish Government’s Digital Data & Technology Framework
To help us understand more about knowledge, understanding and implementation of service design we’re having 121 cheerful chats with people working in roles in:
- cyber security and information assurance
- IT operations
- product and delivery
- quality assurance testing
- user-centred design
What should you expect from service design training? John Lynch’s recent article resonates with the Service Design Academy’s approach, we’d love to hear your thoughts on what you expect from service design training.
- Practice makes perfect, this is not something that can quickly be learned in theory, you need to experience the practice.
- Developing the right mindset is what matters
Thank you to Peter Byebierggaard for sharing this with us.